Paul F. O’Keefe
Paul assists individuals and married couples in the development of estate plans for both taxable and non-taxable estates that are designed to accomplish client goals, and assists trustees in trust administration and executors and administrators in estate administration. His representation of executors and administrators includes the preparation of Federal and state estate tax returns and, if necessary, probate.
“In helping my clients to accomplish their goals, I work to demystify estate planning and trust and estate administration so that my clients feel comfortable and in control of their affairs.”
BAR AND LAW ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS:
- Chicago Estate Planning Council
- American Bar Association – Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Illinois State Bar Association (Section on: Trusts and Estates)
- Chicago Bar Association – Probate Practice Committee, Trust Law Committee
- The Lawyers Club of Chicago.
RECENT SIGNIFICANT CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION:
- Real Property, Trust and Estate Law 2018 Annual Spring Symposia, Orlando, Florida
- 51st Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning (2017)
- 50th Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning (2016)
- IICLE Estate Planning Short Course (2016)
- 49th Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning (2015), Orlando, Florida
- Real Property, Trust and Estate Law 2015 Annual Spring Symposia, Washington, D.C.
- IICLE Estate Planning Short Course (2015)
- 48th Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning (2014), Orlando, Florida
- Real Property, Trust and Estate Law 2013 Annual Spring Symposia, Washington, D.C.
- Real Property, Trust and Estate Law 2012 Annual Spring Symposia, New York, New York;
- U.S. Tax Court, 2010
- State of Illinois bar, 1990
- United States District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 2000
- United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit Court, 2000
O’Keefe Law Office, 2000
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 1990
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., History, 1987
Lynn Sage Foundation (breast cancer research)
Elizabeth assists clients with all facets of work performed by O’Keefe Law Office.
DePaul University, B.A., Political Science, 2017
Planning to attend law school, fall, 2019